Faculty Firesides bring faculty and undergraduate students together to encourage interaction and extend academic dialogue beyond the classroom. The program provides funds to faculty to help offset the cost of hosting an informal gathering.
The following guidelines apply to Faculty Firesides:
- Reimbursement is $3.75 per student per event.
- There is a $100 maximum per faculty member per term.
- Faculty Firesides are intended for undergraduate students enrolled in any course taught by the sponsoring faculty member.
- Reimbursements are issued to faculty only.
- Receipts are required for reimbursement of expenses.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served at Faculty Firesides.
- FIG faculty with Rippey Innovative Teaching Awards have access to funds for out-of-class activities and are therefore expected to use those funds rather than the Faculty Firesides funds.
To be reimbursed, complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the Faculty Firesides Application. Please note that you must enter your full email address, including the '.edu' part, for the form to submit correctly. If you have a typo in your email address, it will appear to submit but won't in actuality.
- Print out the signature page and sign it.
- Send the signature page with your original receipts to Undergraduate Studies, 372 Oregon Hall, via campus mail. Please do not mark or use highlighter on your original receipts. Write a separate explanatory note if there is a partial reimbursement of the receipt total being requested.
- Reimbursements will take two to three weeks to process. Checks will be sent via campus mail or US mail as you requested.
For more information, contact: Liesl Johnson, Business Manager, at 541-346-1276 or email@example.com