Faculty Firesides bring faculty and undergraduate students together at informal gatherings designed to encourage interaction and extend academic dialogue beyond the classroom.
The program provides funds to faculty to help offset the cost of hosting an event.
Because funds are limited and demand is high, the following guidelines apply to Faculty Firesides events:
- Reimbursement is $3.75 per student per event.
- There is a $100 maximum per faculty per term, which can include multiple events.
- Faculty Firesides events are intended for undergraduate students enrolled in a course taught by the sponsoring faculty member.
- Reimbursements are issued to faculty only, not to students.
- Receipts are required for reimbursement of expenses.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served at Faculty Firesides events.
- FIG faculty with Rippey Innovative Teaching Awards have access to funds for out-of-class activities and are therefore expected to use those funds rather than the Faculty Firesides Program.
To be reimbursed, complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the short application online. You must enter your full email, including the '.edu' part for the form to submit. If you accidentally have a typo in your email it will appear to submit, but won't in actuality.
- Print out the signature page and sign it.
- Send the signature page with your original receipts to Undergraduate Studies, 372 Oregon Hall, via campus mail. Please do not mark or use highlighter on your original receipts. Write a separate explanatory note if there is a partial reimbursement of the receipt total being requested.
- Reimbursements will take two to three weeks to process and checks will be sent via campus mail or US mail as you requested.
To complete the Faculty Firesides Application, click here.
For more information contact: